Monday, January 2, 2012

Failed Expectations

What expectations did you have for your classes at the start of the year that you did not keep up with?

At the start of the year, I had planned to complete skill-building warm-ups at the beginning of each period.   I was late in getting these going and did not keep up with them over the course of the semester.  I have got to develop a better way of selecting the warm-ups, as well as grading them & returning them each day.  Another expectation I had was to keep up with the speed of my counterpart.  Apparently I do a little more talking, possibly about things that I need to work on limiting dialogue, so I can maximize my class time more efficiently. I also had family illness during the semester and was constantly struggling trying to keep my head above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment